17. What programs will be offered?
The Tianjin Juilliard School will offer a U.S.-accredited Master of Music (MM) degree with majors in orchestral studies, chamber music, and collaborative piano, pending approval by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The orchestral studies and chamber music majors are new and will be offered at the Tianjin campus only.
18. How do the degree programs at the New York Juilliard School differ from those in Tianjin?
The Juilliard School in New York offers degree programs in dance (BFA), drama (BFA and MFA), and music (BM, MM, DMA, GD, and AD). The Tianjin Juilliard School will initially offer only a Master of Music degree with majors in orchestral studies, chamber music, and collaborative piano, pending approval by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
19. How are the degrees offered by The Tianjin Juilliard School accredited?
The Tianjin Juilliard School programs will be accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, just like programs at the New York school.
20. When can I apply for the master’s program?
Application opens in the fall of 2019. Auditions in Tianjin and New York City as well as regional auditions around the globe will be held in January and February of 2020.
21. How long will it take to complete a master’s program at The Tianjin Juilliard School?
The master’s program will require two years of full-time study.
22. What courses will be offered in Graduate Studies?
The official course catalog for Graduate Studies will be released at a later date. Please continue to check this site for updates.
23. What are the requirements for applying to the Master of Music program?
Musicians who have completed a bachelor’s degree are eligible to apply to the Master of Music program. All instruction is in English, so proficiency in the English language is required. Students must complete an application and provide required supplemental materials, including a prescreening recording. The prescreening requirement will be waived for current Juilliard College students. However, Juilliard alumni who have finished their programs do have to submit prescreening recordings. Please continue to check this site for updates on application procedures and audition repertoire.
24. Will students in Tianjin be affiliated with the New York Juilliard School?
Students who complete the master’s program in Tianjin will be alumni of The Juilliard School, with an accredited Juilliard degree.
25. If I attend The Tianjin Juilliard School, will I be able to transfer to The Juilliard School?
It is a standard policy that students at Juilliard must always audition to transfer between any of the School’s degree programs; this policy will also apply to students in the MM program in Tianjin.
26. Will I get priority for admission consideration for Juilliard in New York City if I attend The Tianjin Juilliard School?
Juilliard’s audition process requires each applicant to undergo the same artistic assessment by faculty in order to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants.